Saturday, December 2, 2006

The taste test continues

Apparently the recent taste test of baby shampoo wasn't enough for my Nathan :) Recently Nathan has really been enjoying raisins. He pops them like candy. The only problem with his new found favorite snack is that they resemble beetles :) oh we can all see where this is going can't we? And after last nights tropical hurricane in Cochabamba (details to follow soon), we had quite a few beetles in the house who were coming in to seek refuge from the storm. And this morning as we were sitting in the living room Nathan wandered up chewing on something. Mind you, usually it is a battle to get him to relinquish whatever he has in his mouth, but not this time... no this time the look on my son's face was one of... daddy, please get it out, I thought this thing was a raisin, but it most definitely is not! So after some fish hook/finger maneuvering, Gary pulled out half a beetle. Yes, I said half. We're still not sure where the other half went, but I'm sure we'll find out one day. Added protein right? I know this is only the beginning of gross things my son will try to eat, but not having had a brother, this is completely new territory for me. My sister and I were usually content to leave bugs and other critters alone with the don't bother it and it won't bother you philosophy. My son has obviously chosen another path in life, and I'm along for the ride :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:50 PM

    Hmmm...my boys like to play with bugs, but I don't think they've ever eaten any...at least none that I know of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little late in commenting on this post, butI couldn't help remembering the time in Benin, when Faith was about Nathan's age that we made a similar discovery - Faith was chewing a cockroaches leg! Fun, fun. Love you all,
    ----Greg

    ReplyDelete