Sunday, December 3, 2006

Special Order

As I opened our last reserve bottle of Children's Tylenol tonight (man this teething business is rough!) I thought to myself I need to email my friends back home and see if they can send a new stash of children's drugs to tide us over until furlough next year. And then I started thinking about people who have written or commented that if there was ever anything that we needed, just to let them know. So I'm cashing in on that offer. There are few things less, yes I said less, enjoyable than chasing down a 14 month old to administer drugs. But one thing worse is to do this with medicine that has an awful taste and with a 1 mL dropper (which is all I have been able to find here). So my Christmas wish is... Children's pain reliever (Tylenol, Equate, Sam's choice, matters not to us), some form of Children's cold medicine like Dimetapp Cold and Cough, Infant Gas Drops, and medicine droppers or the little measuring cups (I think they literally give these away at pharmacies if you ask for them, but I'm not quite sure). Please know that I am not necessarily one to ask for special treatment, but my chasing days are over and we still have teeth to go. So for anyone who would like to help poor little Nathan (I'm working the sympathy angle... is it working :) our mailing address is: first line - Laura Bull, second line - Casilla 575, third line - Cochabamba, Bolivia. No zip no nothing, it's as easy as that. And if you keep the package under 4 pounds, it won't have to go through customs (where it could sit for months... literally), and will come directly to our box. A big thank you in advance to all who respond. We so appreciate all the help that our friends and family provide for us while we're here! God bless you all.

5 comments:

  1. I'll get on it, Laura! And I will hit up my pharmacist friends for the droppers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:53 PM

    Laura-
    I have a sweet treat coming your way! I don't want to ruin the surprise but maybe it will bring you some joy!

    I know you are struggling right now-so I am praying for you! I would be homesick for my family too if I was so far way. Remember when we sang "Pray for Me" at church. Who knew that 12+ years later you and I would be putting those words into action.

    Merry Christmas Sweet Friend! Oh and yes, Elijah and Nathan are very close in age so when you are home we will get them together to play-I KNOW they will be best friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, did you ever get our Easter package?:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan and Dee - thank you so much! I can't wait to see what comes in the mail from such great friends! it's like being in college all over again and going to check the mail box... and looky here, there's a package slip! woo-hoo it's my lucky day :) You guys are the best!

    Amy - Can we say that we are so sorry for not emailing. We did get your package. With Nathan and I being back in the states and Gary recovering from the move, Gary forgot to email you to let you know that it arrived :)But it did and we thoroughly enjoyed it! We learned a lesson on this end, to tell others to try and send things airmail when possible because i think we told you to send your's via surface mail and that's why it took so long. Again, so sorry! Thank you guys for thinking of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:54 PM

    hey guys, checking out your blog. we relate to the children's medicine, our stash ran out a few months ago. but we do have droppers bigger than 1 ml. just give us a call, 445-4689, or stop by. Dan & Daryl

    P.S. I hear Que Barato was getting a new shipment in, and I put in a request for children's Tylenol, so we might try there too.

    ReplyDelete