Friday, December 8, 2006

Under the Knife

For all of those who remember the crazy biopsy story of old :) I just wanted to ask for a few prayers to be sent our way tomorrow as I'll be having my nose job tomorrow. Just kidding, but I am going to have the mass that has officially caused me much irritation taken out tomorrow, and after much waiting in doctor's offices, a CT scan, x-rays, endoscopy, blood work, an EKG, and two shots this afternoon, I think I'm ready. Who knew? And thank goodness I have an ENT (not an easy word in spanish, no abbreviations here... ) who believes in her patient's being able to breathe through their noses :) I'll be plugged up for a few days, but she has some new crazy thing that has a tube through it that allows you to continue to breathe through your nose even though one side is closed off. Ah, the wonders of modern medicine... and for those who are wondering... no worries, there will NOT be pictures to follow :) So I'm off to have my last liquids of the night, and to remind my husband there will be no brewing of coffee in the morning, or frying of bacon, as this mommy is NPO (nothing, nada, zilch after midnight) until after the surgery. Thank you for the prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:02 AM

    A nose job...hee hee...that is one I'll remember for years to come. Seriously, I love you and will be praying that all goes well tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:27 PM

    Laura, Of course I am praying for you! No fun! Hang in there! You and gary are doing a mighty work in Coc-whatever/however you say it. Let's just say down south, you are doing a great job down south. And even though you family seems miles and miles away they are with you in prayer and in spirit so hang in there sweet friend! Love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete