Sunday, December 10, 2006

Recovering :)

Thank you so much for all your prayers yesterday. For our first Bolivian hospital experience I have to say it went pretty well. Gary and I got ready early and left Nathan with Sonia (what a blessing to have her available for situations like these). Our brother Vicente went with us (for company and the occasional needed translation :) The only drawback was that an emergency surgery came in about the time that mine was about to start. But not that big of a deal because that meant we got to partake of cable for about an hour longer :) which is so not in the budget in the Bull family :)

Then they wheeled me down to surgery, where i had to wait on those transport beds (not my mattress of choice if i may say so) for about an hour while they finished up with the emergency and came in to start with me. The anesthesiologist (so not sure if I spelled that right) came in and started my anesthesia, and then the fogginess began. What cracked me up was that a nurse started asking me questions AFTER the anesthesia. And I'm not talking, how are you feeling, or how are liking life here in Cochabamba... no I'm talking, what's your name, age, date of birth. And she was actually entering this stuff into the computer. And as everything is fading from my consciousness I'm thinking, for all this lady knows I could be telling her I'm Big Bird from Sesame Street and I'm not really sure how old I am, but I haven't seemed to age throughout the years :) But none the less, I answered as many as I could, as correctly as I could and then passed out.

A little whoozy as I woke up, but not a big deal and then we came home that evening. The doctor sent off two different spots for biopsy just to be safe and we'll get those results on Wednesday. The tough part now is not picking up my sweet boy when he stands down at my feet, arms raised up to me with that sweet face saying... mommy why aren't you picking me up and loving on me. It's only been twenty four hours and it's already killing me. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we survive this week. And our team as the Marcum's move to a new house, travel to Ecuador, and Butch and JD leave for the states to be at Denise's wedding. It's going to be a busy week here in Cbba, but then again they all are :) God bless you, and a Meeeeerrrrrry Christmas!

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:18 PM

    I'm so thankful that the surgery went well, and I can't imagine how tough it would be to not pick up your baby boy! And even harder since he doesn't get it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:56 PM

    I am praying for you sweet friend! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so happy that everying went well. I know how hard it can be not to pick up your precious baby, but pretty soon you will be able to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad surgery went well. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Laura,

    So thankful that all went well. You have a great sense of humour, even in the more trying times. May God sustain you and your boys. May He bless you and continue to give stuff to do in the Kingdom. Greet the guys for me.
    ----Greg

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly how it feels to not be able to pick up your boy!! Hang in there!!! Luckily children are resilient and they will get through this probably better than we will. I'm so glad things went well, plese know that you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to know that this surgery is behind you now. Glad to know as well that you are in a place where you can have confidence in good medical care. Praying for you and your family!
    Love and blessings,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so thankful that everything went so well!! I know that feeling about not being able to pick up your sweet Nathan, but you will recover and then you can pick him all you want!! Keep on keeping on girl and you will recover soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:27 AM

    Merry Christmas, Laura! I'm glad everything went as planned (and that you got to enjoy cable--I hope there was something good on!)

    May God bless you and your family and give you a speedy and full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:34 PM

    Hey Laura,

    Since I'm just now coming out of the newborn fog I had no idea you had surgery! Glad it went well!

    Prayers right back at ya'!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9:42 PM

    Glad it went smoothly...hopefully they won't ship the results to Sesame St.

    Keep us updated...you are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry I'm so behind in all your happenings. I'm assuming you've continued to heal well based upon your wonderful entries since this one. God is good, and I'm glad you were able to get this procedure performed. Continue to be well!

    ReplyDelete