Thursday, November 30, 2006

So long, farewell

At one of our baby showers in the states we received the most precious "big boy" pajamas. They are by far one of my favorite pieces of clothing that Nathan has. They are covered in big boy things, lizards, bugs, worms and frogs (cute ones of course). But last night I think they made their last run. I'm sure all of us mommies have experienced this, but as I pulled the shirt over my son's great big head, I thought these aren't going to last much longer. Then as I saw the sleeves that had become 3/4 length, I thought oh yeah, not much longer. Then as he stood up in the pants that had become capris (not very manly I might add :) I really thought, okay, last night for these guys. And my heart did a little drop as I realized that my little man is growing up. I would upload a picture, but they've already made their way into the "too small" for Nathan box. God bless our little ones as they grow into little boys and girls. May God guide us as we raise them and show us how to lead them to Him everyday!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:45 AM

    Oh, that's so sad! I guess you need to have another one now. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:18 PM

    Oh that's funny Lisa. I can just see Laura's face with that one! It must go so fast, with them outgrowing clothes. I can't imagine how he's grown since October! Give that big boy a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:22 PM

    Gary and Laura: I don't know if you guys remember me, but I was a member of Chio's. I guess I was Shauna Lee then, but Shauna Sanders now. Anyways, this is my first time reading blogs. I came across you guys when I was looking at Keith and Stephanie's blog. I just thought I'd say hello and see how you both were doing. May God bless you in your work for Him. Hope you have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa - all in God's timing, and we're praying His timing is not anytime soon! :)

    Jen - you know me too well to know exactly what my face was saying as i read that... and consider hugs given!

    shauna - of course we remember you! how are you? i tried to view your blog and it didn't have any posts or said i had to subscribe or something. did i do something wrong? i would love to keep up with you guys, just not sure how. hope you all are great! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:51 PM

    Well, I am new to "blogging". Ha. So anyways, I have not done anything to my blog site yet. However, my email is skltoy@hotmail.com if you would like to touch base that way until I can find time to complete my blog site. I noticed some pictures of Lisa Bliss and Jen H. on your site. How are they doing? I checked out Lisa's blog, but I couldn't find one for Jen. Anyways, keep in touch. I'll update you on the people I still know from school if you email. See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:00 AM

    Shauna, we are jonandjen13@blogspot.com now...we had to change our ID name. It is sooo good to see your name! And so odd after so many years to see me as Jen H. Haha, Jen Hutch never dies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes me sad when Grace outgrows some of my favorite outfits, but I get all excited again when Susie gets big enough to wear them. I have saved all of the girls (and now Parker's) clothes and have passed them all down. It's fun to remember where we were and what we were doing when the kids had special outfits. Yes, I do love my kids clothes...it's so much more fun to buy for them than it is to buy for myself!!

    ReplyDelete