Friday, November 24, 2006

Giving Thanks

Yesterday we were blessed to celebrate Thanksgiving here in our new home with our teammates. It was really so much fun. We had a time of devotion and singing (in English which is always good for the soul :) and then ate to our hearts content. My kitchen table was sagging under the weight of such great food :) from turkey and dressing, green beans and mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes, fresh bread and gravy. And that was just the real food, that doesn't even begin to go into the desserts. Which for the most part were pies, pumpkin, pecan, chocolate chip, and chocolate rolls. I tried my hand at pie crusts for the first time and they turned out really good. I was so relieved. It's not easy without the Wal-Mart freezer section to turn to... but thanks to my Grannie's pie crust recipe, there was pie all around :) And to complete the day my family was decked out in their maroon to support the Aggies who played today... and WON!!!! Now that's something to be thankful for! Hope that you and your's enjoyed the holiday as much as we did here, good friends, good food, good games!

5 comments:

  1. Chocolate rolls?! Those sound A-MAZ-ING! I'm so glad you all were able to share this special time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie,
    they were, and so easy!! they are one of my favorites that my grandmoter makes! when you have extra pie crust left over, roll it out, put a little bit of butter over the crust (i like to melt it and spread it) and then sprinkle cocoa and sugar over the butter, roll it up like an enchilada and seal it all up. so not healthy, but once or twice a year, so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gig'em Aggies! Happy Thanksgiving! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:17 AM

    Happy Thanksgiving Bulls...we love you and are sooo thankful for you. I'm so glad to hear that the pie crusts turned out great!!!
    Hey, I thought that toy was staying stateside...never thought it would happen that way but I'm just thankful you got it out!
    Love you, talk to you soon, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:53 PM

    By the way, I read on your blog about the Aggies winning but didn't realize what that meant until I watched the sports news last night and realized they beat TX! That is awesome!!!! Poor Colt McCoy though, huh?

    ReplyDelete