Monday, November 6, 2006

Beautiful are the feet :)

Today I took some time out of the house... kiddo free... to go and have a pedicure. Which by the way... if you are interested in a great pedicure for 20Bs. (about $2.50) do I know the place! It might be a little more expensive if you factor in the plane trip that most of my readers would have to take to get here... but for us Cochabambinos, it's well worth it and one of the perks of living here. What you have to know is that my pedicure this afternoon lasted almost 2 hours. It's amazing what living in a drier climate... where this mommy hates wearing shoes around the house (wood and tile floors) and walks on the rock streets in her flip flops :) ... can do to the feet. But the young lady doing my pedicure this afternoon was very gracious and very patient (4 soakings and 4 filings later :) It was great language practice too... I had carried a book with me to read while I soaked, but these ladies were ready to chat :) And I was all about it after I found out that they had a true file to work on my feet. To understand my appreciation... you have to know that when I last went to get a pedicure in Cochabamba (in February I think it was) after soaking in hot water... the beautician pulled out a cheese grater to work on my heels (and NO they were not that bad :) Recounting the experience to the ladies today at the beauty shop... they asked me what year that happened in... because in the "old days" they used to use those. Okay... seriously do I look old enough to have experienced the "old days" :) and they got a chuckle when they found out it happened just this year! So all in all... I brought a smile to the beauticians faces today... lively conversation to the beauty shop... and my feet look worlds better :) Come on down anytime for a pedicure :) my treat :) (the pedicure that is... sorry I can't afford the plane ticket :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:48 AM

    I'm picturing you & these ladies chatting, all the while spreading The Love, and having a grand ole time. I'm there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa... I would have loved the company... you guys come on down anytime you want... we've got all kinds of boy things to play with... and a separate room for mommy and daddy :)

    ReplyDelete