Thursday, October 11, 2007

Unruly even in the womb...

Okay, so we went, we saw, we did not conquer :) We have a beautiful healthy neuter of a baby, who was sitting so pretty, but so low that nothing could be seen. This child is testing mommy's patience even in the womb :)

Now normally this would not be a big deal... we'd wait 'til next month and try again, but oh yeah... we're leaving on Monday. And you see... an ultrasound here that just cost me a whopping $15 would not be such a steal in the states!

So we're going to give it another try tomorrow. I know it sounds a little petty and impatient, but please be praying that the baby's decided to reposition itself so that we can know what we're carrying before heading home. It would be really nice to prepare... to know whether to pick up just a few new blue onesies... or quite a few pink ones to start a new collection.

(Funny side note... Nathan went into the ultrasound with us and apparently thinks that the uterus on the ultrasound resembles the cave on his Little Einsteins DVD... so for almost 5 minutes all this kiddo said was cave... cave... cave... oh my goodness, the things they associate)

9 comments:

  1. Praying for sure, my friend. I am excited to hear! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's so sweet. You have a super-modest baby of a neutral gender! I can't wait to hear how the appointment tomorrow goes. How long are you going to be in the states, and will you be near Austin? We'd love to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll say a prayer for you too. It's so exciting that you will know soon. I need to get in touch with Julie too. Since she was a little farther along she should know now too I guess. We are going out of town this weekend but I will be checking on Monday to see if you found out.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do need your email address! Our old computer went kapooot, as in completely dead, and I lost all of my email addresses. My email address is cjmcdonald@austin.rr.com - we would love to see you while you're in RR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We look forward to finding out with you. May the Lord give you patience and peace through your pregnancy and furlough. Furlough is an emotional roller coaster, even for those who aren't pregnant. The joy of renewing relationships and the sadness of the goodbyes.
    But it makes us long for The Day when there are no more goodbyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that you are able to find out the sex of the baby. Drink a coke or a glass of milk to get the baby moving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always drank pineapple juice or orange juice followed by a big scoop of peanut butter on a spoon before my appts. to view the kids....it worked every time for us. Your baby on the other hand just must like to take naps and not show everyone their little private areas!! he he he. If you still can't see, we can always just buy out the Carter's outlet at the Grapevine Mills mall after you have delivered and ship them by a big bird so they get there faster!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Storks, delivering Carters clothes, that's a sight:-) I agree that the OJ works, almost too well as when we went in to find out little Nathan's gender, the tech complained that he wiggled too much! But, he did "reveal" so it was worth it:-) May God bless your little one with cooperation. Isn't it great that our God will listen to any of our prayers, and answer them too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cracked up a your little man! Hope the baby cooperated today!

    ReplyDelete