Saturday, October 6, 2007

Countdown...

And the countdown continues…of course the primary countdown is counting the days until we get to see family and friends… but the secondary countdown, well it’s a countdown of the days until we are able to pick up Sonic at the drop of a hat… run through the drive-thru at Taco Bell (or Bueno, which ever sounds better at the moment)… go to our favorite consignment shops for Nathan hand me downs… run to Wal-Mart at midnight (just because we can)… and partake of that beautiful glory we like to call Starbucks.

It will be a glorious time for the Bulls and we are sooooo looking forward to it. There is something comforting about being able to take Nathan to a park where I won’t worry with his every step if he’s going to fall and cut himself on broken glass left behind, being able to go and walk in stores or a mall with a feeling of security that you just don’t find here, and most importantly being able to worship with those we love and cherish… in English. I cannot express how my heart is looking forward to singing those precious songs that comfort our souls and hearing a sermon without translating in your brain every other word spoken.

I know I sound dramatic, but I had no idea what a sacrifice that would be in giving up worshipping in English on a weekly basis with a large body of believers. It’s a sacrifice that’s been so worth it and I wouldn’t go back for a second, but it makes our homecoming that much sweeter, the promise of worshipping our Almighty God in our native tongue… can’t wait to see you all, hug your necks, hear your stories of the past few years, and enter into the presence of God together! God bless!

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's next week!!! I can't wait to see you guys. I can't even imagine what Nathan is going to look like, even with the pictures on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have a good feel for what you about to experience . .at least from an on-lookers point of view having walked through that path with Randy and Kelly so many times. I pray your time here will be SO BLESSED, so full of family time, and full of rest. I think the rest part might prove to be the most challenging, but I know the BLESSED part will be a given! Maybe someone sweet will meet you at the airport with a big fat Route 44 of your choice (hint-hint, sister Emily. Blessings to you as you pack, transition, and soak it all up. Hope to catch a glimpse of you guys sometime here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had fun chatting with you and can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are almost there! I pray your heart is filled to overflowing and you are able to relax and cherish the time you have with family and friends! Wish we could see you all..

    ReplyDelete
  5. YIPPEE!! I know that ya'll are goign to have a wonderful homecoming with all your friends and loved ones and a Sonic route 44!! Isn't God great in how he blesses us everyday? Be safe, girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete