Sunday, January 27, 2008

Shouldn't smells good = tastes good?

One of Nathan's most favorite things to do recently is blow bubbles. He loved blowing them at Nena and Papa's in their backyard and still loves them here in Cbba. We've had to get a little creative and blow them off the back balcony of our apartment since we don't have a backyard anymore, but it doesn't seem to bother him one bit :)

Yesterday after a wet morning at the market with mommy and a good nap, Nathan had some fun bubble time with Daddy. He learned quite a valuable life lesson in the process... just because something smells good (the bubbles we have are grape scented), does not always mean it tastes good :)
All I knew was that I was in the kitchen and Gary came in saying your kiddo (why exactly is he always mine when he's done something silly I ask you?) needs some water to wash the yummy bubble taste out of his mouth... at this point I'm thinking, oh well, it's the bubbles aren't toxic so I'm not going to even ask :) I had forgotten all about it until I saw the photo op Gary had taken advantage of while they were out playing and I couldn't help share Nathan's learning experience with you. Here are a few more pictures of the bubble fun before the taste test ocurred...

(Notice the coffee cup in the lower right hand corner... thanks to Auntie Do Do there is little that is done in our house without a cup of Starbucks in hand :)
(this picture cracked me up... if you look close you can see that Nathan got just a little too focused on the bubbles :)
Okay, seriously Dad... are you done taking pictures now? It's time to get serious about this bubble blowing thing!

(If you look at the background you can tell we are definitely back downtown, and while we're missing a backyard for Nathan, the plusses so outweigh the drawbacks and we're so thankful for our new home!)

Then we closed out our day with a fun Birthday call for Nena... Nathan loves talking to his Nena, Papa, and Do Do now that he's old enough to really understand who he's talking to and remember all the fun he had with them while we were home...

Okay Mom... I can hear Nena, but I can't find her... are you sure she's in there? :)

3 comments:

  1. These are such expressive shots. I love the one where "your son" is scraping his tongue off. :-) Is that what you looked like when you were eating your liver? Yum yum. Hee hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:27 AM

    Bubbles are such FUN!!!! Love, Nena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THAT BOY!!!

    ReplyDelete