Monday, January 21, 2008

No shock here...

It's no shock, no surprise that at almost 36 weeks pregnant I'm really tired all the time! Chasing a two year old couldn't have anything to do with it, could it? :) Well today I found out at the OBGYN that it's also due to me being pretty anemic. That could be in part to me always forgetting to take my vitamins like a good patient, so there wasn't a huge shock there... the shock was in the recommendation from my doc... of course iron supplements were among the list and that was to be expected, but the liver sandwiches recommended for breakfast every morning... didn't see that one coming :) "Just serve it on good crunchy bread with lemon juice sprinkled on top of the meat" she says to me, yeah I'll get right on that :) So if you're up for some fine iron filled cuisine, just head on down to South America... I'll see what I can cook up :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't think of anything less appetizing than a liver sandwich for breakfast. At least your doc didn't suggest that to you at the beginning of your pregnancy when you were sick. Hope the next 4 weeks fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The smashed up liver, I think it is called pâté, is actually pretty good on soda crackers. We could sit down and have pâté and te together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAG! Can you hear me choking from there? I'm anemic anyway, so when I was pregnant, I really had to stay on top of things...those little ones really do suck the vitamins and stuff out of you!! :) Good thing that you have such a thoughtful OBGYN that wants you to eat such great food....he he he
    Almost done, girl!! Then the real excitement begins...can't wait for the good news that they newest baby boy is here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that liver might have given me morning sickness in my pregnancy. :)

    I have really enjoyed reading about your thoughts and emotions regarding your return to the mission field in Bolivia. We are about to sign our working agreement--6 months away from language school. Can you remember that far back for yourself? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughing out loud!!!! That's so funny, I can just imagine you with your nose all wrinkled up trying to eat this thing. What are they thinking???

    ReplyDelete