Saturday, January 19, 2008

Like Father... Like Son

Nathan has decided that his daddy is the coolest :) Daddy is the one to play with, the one to throw the ball to, the one to run to, and the one to shadow. Now please know that there is no one else in the world I would rather have Nathan mimic... after all, he is the man I married, an amazing father, my partner in this life, and I respect and love him more each day. So to watch our son mirror Gary's every move is actually such a precious thing to me.

The other night Gary was on the land line phone on hold and Nathan kept saying phone, phone, phone. After realizing that Nathan just wanted a phone, not necessarily his daddy's phone we found a cell phone for him to play with... and for the next 5 minutes every move that Gary made Nathan was right behind... Gary would switch the phone to his other ear, followed by Nathan switching ears... Gary would put his finger to his mouth as if deep in thought, followed by Nathan... Gary even stuck his finger up to his ear as if to scratch it just to see what Nathan would do... Nathan followed :) This morning Gary sat in his chair and streched and streched and I looked across the room to see my little two year old sprawled out on the couch streching and making the streching noises just like his daddy :)

What a sweet image of a child so longing to be like his daddy, I sure could learn a thing or two from my son about desiring so deeply to be like my heavenly Father that I mimic his every move and teaching! May I strive today to mirror who He is in everything, not only for myself, but so others around me... from Cochabambinos to my own son... may see Him in me!

1 comment: