Wednesday, July 5, 2006

My First Fourth of July

Hello there fellow Americans :) This is the Nate Man again. I got to celebrate my first Fourth of July this week, in Bolivia, and as you can see Mommy thought it would be fitting for me to wear my Red, White, and Blue. What an adventure. Daddy got up early and went and played the all American game of golf with his team buddies while mommy and I cooked for our team cookout. We went over to Aunt Julie and Uncle Josh's house and man did we have fun. Mommy made Grannie Wallace's baked beans, Papa Wallace's brownies, and Nana's potato salad. I got to try all kinds of new foods. Uncle Josh grilled out hamburgers and hotdogs and we actually got to drink Dr. Pepper and Root Beer. Okay... not me, I had to stick with my apple juice, but one day, maybe they'll let me in on the good stuff. Then Uncle Josh brought out fireworks. You know... maybe I'll like them better in the future :) But right now they were a little too loud for me and so I got a little... okay alot scared. But we had so much fun playing and eating. The only crazy thing that mommy says was really different was that we're used to being in T-shirts and shorts, not jeans and coats for the Fourth of July. We also had friends from Mary Knoll who are from the states come and eat with us too and that was lots of fun. So all in all, aside from the fireworks incident, it was a really fun night and I can't wait for next year. Maybe then I can get in on the Dr. Pepper and sparklers :) Happy Fourth of July!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nathan, you better believe that they will have to let you in on the fun -- tell them Aunt Jen says so! I love you baby boy, one of my favorite boys in the world! No worries, there's no way you are not on that list!

    ReplyDelete