Wednesday, July 5, 2006

New Faces

Nathan has gotten to the point in his life where the one position in which he is happiest is standing. Here he is standing up at the end of our bed, playing peek-a-boo with his daddy. And proving to the world that yes, just like other babies he has his moments. He is really starting in with the attitude, displayed beautifully in this picture :) I can only imagine the fun that we have ahead of us. My mom, Nathan's Nana, says that we might ought to start watching our Bringing Up Boys DVDs now :) Not a bad idea Nana :) Looks like this one's going to be a pistol. But we sure do love him, none the less.

4 comments:

  1. Garrett's favorite position is standing as well... this is a problem, since he's only 3 months old and hasn't figured out how his legs work yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. boys are so much fun (and a handful). God bless you as you grow with your "baby" boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting the wonderful pictures. :-) We're lifting ya'll up. :-) love, the Sweets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little boy is so precious too! Thank goodness for the blogging world...so easy to catch up. I can echo your feelings about how difficult it is sometimes to follow the calling of God when it takes you far from your comfort world and family (although you know this on a much more difficult level). I love this quote from Girl Meets God...maybe it will bring some peace to you or put some words so some of your feelings. Maybe you will just read these words and they will be your prayer for today. That God will hear how you feel and give you peace and perserverence when you need it. Much love to your beautiful family...our prayers are with you!

    "I cried, I think, because I was coming to understand in a new way just what was required of me, how much God was going to strip away my everything, like silver taking the tarnish off an old fork. I cried because I know more and more how desperate we all are to make connections with one another, when mostly we feel estranged. Because I know more and more that this glass we see through (on earth) is so very dark. That this is a long loneliness. It is both lonely and long and sometimes I feel God has taken a paring knife to me. I know how an apple feels."

    ReplyDelete