Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Same 'Ol Girl

So those of you who know me well, know that I love a good bargain. And I am learning that you can't take the bargain shopper out of the girl, no matter what continent she is living on. Let me back up. So when I was pregnant with Nathan, it was important to me to have things for him made by those we love. So I chose to ask my mom to make bumper pads for Nathan's crib, which she did graciously. They are so precious and we have put them to good use. I think they were the first thing I unpacked from the container. The only problem is... I have a little boy, and I do mean ALL boy. So lately his new past time has been destroying his bumper pads made with love from his Nana. Okay, not destroying, but seriously putting the hurt on them. These bumper pads use ribbon as ties and Nathan has found out that if you pull that little string at the end, the whole thing comes unraveled, oh the fun :) So I was on a mission to find new bumper pads so as not to totally destroy the ones my mom made. I looked online and found a few and even searched ebay and had resigned myself to ordering some and sending them with visitors coming to Cochabamba. Until.... Julie mentioned that she had been down in the 4 or 5 blocks of used clothing stores here in Cochabamba and had seen a few sets of bumper pads. So I hauled her down there with me today to show me exactly where and you will not believe what I found. So apparently people here in Cbba receive shipments of used clothing and linens from the states and this area is like blocks and blocks of garage sales. So I found some Pottery Barn Kids bumper pads for 30 bolivianos. Let me translate.. at 8 Bs a dollar that's what... less than 4 dollars huh? Oh, the fun I had today :) They are perfect for Nathan with choo choo trains, all ties still in tact and not a stain on them. God continues to amaze me at how he provides for us. Even in the little things (which at times seem to matter most). Praise God for making this mommy's day!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love knowing that you have found one of your heart's desires there in Cbba. I can see you bargain shopping down the row!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awsome. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming from one hard core bargain hunter to another, there is nothing like finding a deal. I am sure it must have been like sun on your face for God to look down and put those bumper pads there JUST for you and Nathan.

    I was reading your other entries just now...you are in my prayers. I still struggle with lonliness sometimes. I have always been blessed to be surrounded by many special and Godly friends, but never realized how much I took it all for granted. It was a challenge to move here and have to form all new friendships. I had to (and sometimes still have to) remind myself that the kind of friendships I craved take time to develop, time I wish I didn't have to invest to get the return. I will be praying for your growth and transition.

    I am thankful God is showing you each day (even through the bargains) that He gives us each EXACTLY what we need when we need it. I love you - Molly (Sorry for the long post...you know me though never at a loss for words :))

    ReplyDelete