Monday, September 29, 2008

Growing like a weed...

So this past week found me putting away all the under 12 month clothes and taking out all the 12-18 month clothes. It was a fun adventure, remembering when Nathan had worn a particular shirt, or a certain picture in which he was wearing this or that... and for those of you who might be thinking... surely I'm not confused, Grant's not close to his first birthday is he? No, no, you're right, he just hit the 7-month mark and is eating us out of house and home :) He's such a sweet baby, but such a chunk! In these pictures, Nathan is one year old and Grant is 7 months old... yeah, you're seeing right, it's the same shirt!


And just as a side note, I've found that one really comforting thing in the midst of craziness in life here (political turmoil, a husband with stomach crud again, church potluck, teething baby...) is a good dessert from home :) but since chocolate makes Grant a little crazy it limits the options a little. So when the going got tough this weekend, the tough got cooking. For my first Lemon Icebox pie (crust and everything from scratch) I was pretty proud... and it was delicious if I do say so myself (but Gary said so too :) My mom would be so proud!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:48 PM

    Wow, they really look like brothers in these pics.

    Tell Gary to get better. I had tummy yucks last week (did I tell you that already?), and I am still feeling a bit wiped out.

    Congrats on the creative cooking.

    We need to get together. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:37 PM

    Precious daughter, I AM proud! The meringue is beautiful and I am sure it tasted as good as it looked. And homemade crumb crusts are the best! So much thicker and tastier than the ones you buy. So, if Gary was sick, did that mean more pie for you? ha ha. That Grant is sooooooooo chunky cute. Love you all. Your oh so proud MOM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:00 AM

    I guess we know what we'll be having for dessert the next time we come your way! Nice job!

    And tell my little buddy to "man up" on the chocolate ... it's one of the basic food groups ... and it's in his genes!

    ;-)


    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:38 AM

    Very impressive. I try to make pie crusts but they turn out really bad. The boys are getting really big. Soon they will be wrestling around the house breaking things and blaming the other person.
    Alison McQueary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo Cute!! And that pie would make Martha Stewart green with envy! The peaks on meringue are perfect and browned just right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura,
    Your boys are so cute. I know what you mean, Brady is almost 7 weeks old and is in Peyton's old 3 month old clothes. He is so much bigger than Peyton was as a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:06 PM

    What a beautiful pie! Looks perfect! I enjoy reading your blog, just don't take time to comment. Blessings to your whole family. Pam M

    ReplyDelete