Sunday, September 21, 2008

Enough is Enough...

I never thought that I would have to ask myself the question when does enough is enough actually happen? I know so many of you have been following the turmoil here in Bolivia. I also know that it must be hard for you to imagine yourself in the situation in which we find ourselves. I never thought I would sit on my bed with my husband having the conversation about if we have enough food to make it through a few weeks if we need to... do we know where all our documents and important papers are located in the apartment... how much are we willing to endure before we decide it's time to try and travel for awhile... do we know what things are truly necessary for us and the boys if we have to pack quickly... do we have enough funds on hand to get us through if ATMs and credit cards stop working here in the country? They are hard questions to ask, even harder to answer. Please pray for us as we make these important decisions, decisions that not only affect our family, but our teammates and our brothers and sisters in Christ here in Cochabamba.

11 comments:

  1. I am sitting here fumbling for some kind of deep revelation sounding words that will calm every nerve and answer every question. But I got nothin'...

    Just know, friend, that I hear you, I feel you and I am praying with you.

    Thanks for sharing from your heart - it shows confidence and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately I have found myself in so many situations where I have a hard time finding the right words (hard to believe I know!) It is in those moments, and the one I face now after reading your blog that I am comforted in the fact that we serve a God who knows our hearts and doesn't need our words, one that has all the right words! I am praying for His comfort in your life today! Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I don't have much here to say to be of any comfort. What do we really know? Anything can happen at any time, and none of us are really prepared for the worst to happen. Here's hoping it doesn't, and if it does, I pray you and Gary have the wisdom and guidance to make those tough decisions. I'd fill up the car with gas and get some cash out to be safe, though! Sending my love, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary/Laura,

    I have kept up with your guys blog since you began your work. I have never posted, but I am realizing now(through God prying my eyes open) how important it is to let those struggling, especially for Him, to know that they are being prayed for.

    I have no logistical advice for you guys. But know that you and Gary are constantly in our prayers. We will focus our prayers on your continued safety so you may continue to do His work.

    God bless,
    Matt Clement

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you sis, am praying

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Laura! I am fervently praying for you and the family. I wish I had the magic words to calm your fears, but all I can say is that God is with you and watching over you, your teammates and the whole country. We are thinking about you all and praying for your safety

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will be praying for you and all that you are having to decide. May God's wisdom be poured out upon you two!

    ReplyDelete
  8. another prayer warrior checking in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely praying Laura, for wisdom and sustenance. I love each of you so dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bless you! You are in our constant prayers.

    Jill Opella
    Westside member (and longtime blog follower) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gary and Laura,
    We will be praying for you to have wisdom and discernment as you face these difficult decisions. I'm so proud of you guys for dedicating yourselves to this work. May God bless and protect you!

    In Him,
    Amy (Stump)McCathran

    ReplyDelete