Saturday, September 13, 2008

My tribute to Nathan...

My dear sweet firstborn,

Today you turn three years old. I can hardly believe that it was just three years ago that your daddy and I were at the hospital waiting for your arrival, and just like your mommy you were fashionably late :) I had no idea how this day would completely change my life. You have made me a mommy, and in that, a different person in many ways. You have taught me the joys of the little things, the excitement in life, the gift of laughter, tickle wars, playing chase in the house, and dancing together until we're so dizzy we can't stand up straight. You have taught me that I am capable of things I never imagined. You have shown me in new ways my strengths and weaknesses as a woman, mommy, wife, and daughter of the King. You will forever have such a special place in my heart as my first son and I will always be grateful for all that you've taught me about myself and about this life. I love you Nathan, more than my next breath!

Love,
Mama

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Laura, that last line grabbed my heart. You are such a good mommy!

    Happy Birthday Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. angie... can't take credit for that one... it's been my dad's line for my sister and i for years, now it's mine for my sons as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes it ever so much more meaningful and precious. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Nathan! And what a sweet tribute from his mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:52 PM

    What a wonderful tribute to the loving God you serve, my dear daughter!

    It is His indwelling Spirit that enables you to be the loving and nurturing parent you are.

    Your Mom and I so wish we could have been there to share his special day with him, you, Gary and Grant.

    But one day we will look back at this time of separation as but a blink of an eye -- in the light of the eternity we will share together, worshipping The Father and giving thanks to The Son who redeemed us with his blood.

    All my love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:34 PM

    How quickly the years have flown by since precious Nathan entered this world! Seems only yesterday. But then it is the same with you, my precious daughter. The older I get the faster it goes. Part of being a parent too. You know?! Happy birthday, Nathan! Love all of you Bull's. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 3rd birthday, Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:08 AM

    What a sweetie! He's so big and so adorable!
    Happy Birthday, Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. laura, i had forgotten that nathan and i share a birthday. he is already getting so big...maybe old is the better word now. it is hard to imagine that so much time has passed. thanks always for your sweet comments to me on our blog. i have thoroughly enjoyed reading your wise words, and i hope you know you have been an encouragement to me as we begin a similar journey. love you guys!

    ReplyDelete