Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Blocks, blocks, blocks and Mommy's place...

One of the things I knew I wanted to bring back from the states with us was a set of the blocks that are made of cardboard that have brick print on the outside of them and are in great bright primary colors. Thanks to my great sister-in-law Shelley, Nathan got a set for Christmas and since they come folded up and unassembled they were easy to pack too. There are a few that are tubes and the other day as Gary was trying to get some things done in the office and Nathan wanted to play and play with Daddy and the tube shaped blocks... this is what happened :) Needless to say the play was suspended for awhile :) the things we do for just a moments peace huh?

Then just the other night after dinner I found out where my place is in this little family... NOT in the recliner apparently. I usually take up residence on the couch and Gary in the recliner, but this particular evening Gary had moved to the floor and so I saw my chance and moved in for the kill :) And do you want to know what my sweet, caring, taking care of his pregnant mommy two year old did? He comes over from across the room, takes my hand and proceeds to tell me No Mommy, No Mommy, Daddy's chair... Daddy's chair... what? Are you telling me that after taking care of you and all your needs all day long I don't even deserve to sit in the recliner and relax? Apparently not... So I've learned that the recliner is definitely man land and I'll have to just keep looking for my special chair place in the Bull world :) Below is proof that the recliner in the Bull living room is for Daddy and Nathan :) and I can handle that they have their special space together, especially if it means naptime happens like this :)

5 comments:

  1. Sweet pictures of your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the same in our house. Jonathan LOVES his recliner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture is so sweet. Nathan looks like such a big boy.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete