Wednesday, February 6, 2008

#3

I thought of #3 to add to the backside post below :) and so here it comes, drumroll please...

3. Head injury protection for Nathan... for those who know my two year old you know that I could have named him Nathan "Dash" Bull for the amount of running that he does :) Do you remember that line in Forest Gump about wherever he went he was "ru...nning"... well that's Nathan. The problem these days comes when he's trying to run through spaces, crevices, hallways, or any other open area that I'm already occupying. Let's just suffice it to say that there have been many "run ins" between Nathan and mommy and without the Extra Padding God and Grant have so graciously given me recently, there could have been some serious head injuries to treat here at the Bull house :) So for the sake of Nathan's head, brain, and cognitive development, I guess the extra padding is worth it :)

On a side note, I'm sitting here in the apartment typing away and it's a little bizarre. There's no Rocket playing on the DVD player, no requests for sippy cup fill ups (have you ever felt like a sippy cup fill up drive-thru as a mom?), no diapers to be changed, no little fingers to keep an eye on because... Nathan had his first day at "school" today. It was definitely harder on me than him. Gary coached me all the way there... now Laura, he'll react like he sees us react, so no tears, no worries... okay? I guess the meltdown I had in bed last night about sending my baby to school got him a little worried that we would start a flood of waterworks again today, and though I did tear up as we left him (outside the door, well out of eyeshot of Nathan) I think we all did pretty well. Nathan was playing when we left, waved good-bye and turned around to keep swinging, never looking back... so that's a good sign right? We go back to pick him up in about an hour so we'll see how he did but it's been a peaceful morning around these parts.

We went to check out the clinics we could possibly deliver at here so that I could have a good visual for where Grant will be born. The way it works in Bolivia is you have many many private clinics and you and your Dr. basically decide where you'd like to go. Obviously your Dr. may have a preference, but my doc is pretty open to wherever we'd like to go. So when labor starts I call her, she calls the clinic I've chosen to see if there's an open bed and delivery room and we go from there. If there's not, then we call the next on the list until we find a bed and then head out (hopefully Grant will wait to head out until we actually make it to the clinic :). I feel pretty good about both clinics we saw this morning and so that's a comfort to my overplanning at times a little anxious self. But for now, this mommy's a little pooped from our clinic field trip this morning so I'm going to catch a power nap before Nathan comes home :) Hope everyone is having a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Sippy cup fill up drive through - ha - yes! Everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So THAT'S why I had all of that padding when I was pregnant with Will ~ to keep Thomas' noggin safe when he crashed into me. Unfortunately Will is 5 months old and I still have that extra padding. :( Looks like my kids will be safe from head injuries for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is Nathan liking school? Looking forward to Grant's arrival:-)

    ReplyDelete