Monday, December 10, 2007

The Wonder of it all...

Well, the Bulls are back on the road again :) headed back to the promised land we like to call Texas :) We've been in Arkansas for almost a month now and have gotten to visit old friends and both sides of our families. We have so enjoyed ourselves! Nathan has gotten reacquainted with cousins, friends, grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles and so many others that at times I think it has been a little overwhelming for him. But he's taking it in stride and has maintained his crazy selfness that we love so much about him :)

This afternoon we were able to attend a Christmas program at my cousin's church in Jonesboro, lots of singing, lots of lights, and to Nathan's delight... drummers. In Bolivia we are so "blessed" with parades of all shapes and sizes all year long :) I say "blessed" because at times they can be the road block between you and where you're headed, but when you see Nathan playing the drums on his daddy's head as they walk up and down the street, it's definitely a true "blessed" (not the sarcastic "blessed" that really means a little annoyed :) that you feel.

As I sat in the sanctuary watching the program unfold, I looked over at my precious son and was truly overcome. I know that so many times I have heard others talk about the wonder of a child... that look that comes over their faces... that stillness in their little, usually very active bodies... and the awe in their eyes as they experience something truly wonderful for them. I've heard it a million times, but tonight I experienced it... tonight I saw it in the face of my son and let me tell you... it was beautiful. The glow of the Christmas lights on his sweet little face, the amazement of the drummer boy coming down the center aisle just feet away from him, and his little arm wrapped tight around my neck, all filled my heart and spirit. He sat transfixed, taking it all in, and I was overcome with emotion (Gary will tell you it's the hormones :) but I promise it's just "emotion") as I watched my precious two-year old amazed.

I think of how many times in the years to come I may be privileged enough to experience something through his eyes, seeing it for the first time or in a new way. I look forward to the days, the moments that I'll get to experience our God through my son's eyes. How amazing it will be to see the wonder in his eyes, his heart, and his spirit as he comes to know the living Lord, experience Him in His fullness and know Him even in a way that though I may get to see through his eyes... will be unique to him... just between him and his creator :)

4 comments:

  1. It truly is a wonder to have a glance at the world through a child's eye.

    I hope that you have many more real blessings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got to experience that! When our little C first saw the story of Easter, she was so engaged in the story that she shouted out, He Did It! when Jesus emerged from the tomb! It melts my heart just recalling it:-) So many wonderful memories! Have safe travels and a wonderful time in God's Country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious moments! I wish I could've been there with you (with Michaela of course - she would have loved it!) We're hoping to go to the Carichipampa Christmas play on Thursday - hopefully it will be as enjoyable. Love and miss you!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:23 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete