Thursday, December 20, 2007

My best moment!

I had so many great moments today! After being cooped up at my mom and dad's for a few days (just taking care of household things and Nathan while Gary recovered from a really bad cold) I ventured out on my own today.

I was able to take a nap this morning thanks to Papa who made sure Nathan didn't cause any permanent damage to the house :) then I got to go shopping at my favorite children's consignment shop. I have said so many times to my young mommy friends here... be so thankful for hand-me-downs and second hand clothing because when you live in a third world country those two things are pretty much non-existent. Clothing and baby items are used until there is no use left in them and so passing them on seems a little pointless :) So today I stocked up at the winter clearance section and got to spend a little alone time.

Then we had a great lunch from our favorite pizza place here in the metroplex and I went out again, searching for all those special ingredients we still lacked for Christmas dinner. The beauty in that grocery trip lay in the fact that everything I needed was contained with the four walls of the one grocery store I chose to go to... no multiple trips... no market runs... it was really a treat. A drive-thru run on Starbucks for my sweet husband who had given me the freedom to go out on my own completed the day.

Great moments huh? I thought so too, until I got home. And at that point I decided my best moment of the day by far was watching my precious son and his Papa play outside together. It wasn't the tricycle riding or spinning around in circles that touched me so... it was the jumping. You see Nathan has entered the little boy jumping phase in full swing these days and today it meant jumping from a rock wall on the side of my parents driveway into his Papa's arms. There wasn't a moments hesitation, not a care in the world, not an ounce of fear in the face or eyes of my child, just pure unadulterated trust. What a precious thing to watch their relationship grow, to listen to him call after his Papa, to watch him trust him with everything... definitely my best moment :)

6 comments:

  1. I am glad that you got some alone time. And I love it when kids reach the jumpimg stage. :-) Thanks for sharing with us Laura.

    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're having such a great time with your family and all the friends you've gotten to visit. Enjoy your Texas Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, sweet moments . . glad you are getting to treasure them up this season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:40 PM

    Mine, too, my sweet daughter ... mine, too.

    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally get you! I melt each time I see my dad and Shelby interact. She adores her Papa too! I think there's just something special about those Papa's :)

    We got our package, by the way. Thank you so much! We are having fun already!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just swinging by to wish you all a Merry Christmas!

    W

    ReplyDelete