Monday, February 26, 2007

Where did it go?

My precious Nathan is growing up. I watch him changing day to day, growing taller and taller, talking more and more, mimicking everyone around him :) (for better or worse :) and think how amazing he is. I thought to myself just today, there is no way that beautiful little boy can be mine... that I would be so blessed to be his mommy!

Every night Gary spends bathtime with Nathan and then passes him off to me for the dirty work of putting him to sleep :) Usually he drinks his milk while we sing songs and say prayers (which I have to get better at remembering to do!!) and as the songs continue on, his little eyes get heavy and we rock in the rocking chair until he's down for the count.

But tonight after songs and lots of rocking my little man was still pretty wiggly, so I said good-night, received a very wet and slobbery Nathan kiss and put him in his bed. As I leaned down to kiss him good-night one last time, thinking I would rub his back for a little while, or continue on with our night-night songs, my precious baby looked up at me with sleepy eyes and says... chau (aka in English, see you later mom... what did you think? that I was going to say that he said I love you mommy? One day :)

So needless to say I took my leave. And as I sit here listening over the monitor to my big boy rolling around in his bed, putting himself to sleep, I have to think to myself, how did he grow up so fast? Where did the time go?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:05 AM

    Just wait until he is 29 or 25 and you really wonder where the time went...cherish it now. Hold these moments close in your heart. Doesn't it make you see how Mary treasured "all these things" of her son? Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found myself laughing, tonight was bath night at our home too, course, we've lowered our standards progressively with each child. With Naomi, baths every night, sometimes in the morning too with the blowouts. Then came Benji, bath time went to about 4 or 5 times a week. Now with Rachel, we cycle them all through, and count ourselves really good if we make it every other day, average if it's every third. Funny how fast they grow, and how life changes.

    ReplyDelete