Monday, February 26, 2007

Queen of packages

I have to say that my mom has earned the title of Queen of packages hands down!!! Since my first days in college far from home she has always out done herself. I remember countless packages during my days at Harding filled with yummy snacks, Clinique (hard to find in Searcy, AR), and one time even fall leaves from the east coast that I was sorely missing in the non-existent fall of the South.

This week my mom maintained her title (and brought my sister along as runner-up :) sending not only Valentine's Day packages, but Birthday goodies too! And when I say goodies I mean goodies! Mom, thank you for remembering not only the big things, but the little things too! As I sit here watching my new Everybody Loves Raymond season, and my American Idol Best and the Worst DVD savoring my gummy peach and grapefruit candies and drinking my Starbucks coffee (hey why wait, you might as well enjoy it all together!) I am reminded of how blessed I am to have a family that loves me dearly and knows me well enough to know what will bring a smile to my face across the miles :) I also have to say a huge thank you to my Dad, who through his countless hours of work, continues to support my mom's habit :) and through his words always continues to affirm me. You three are a treasure of a family, and I am and always will be blessed to be your daughter, sister, and friend!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Laura. I posted my apology as a comment over on my blog so everyone can see how much I suck. :) Seriously, I do feel bad that I upset you. Back in the old days my melodrama was covered by my shyness but now I'm kind of coming out of my shell and sometimes I get myself in trouble. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:07 AM

    I 'fess up. It was all Emily this time. What a sister! Happy birthday! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome that you are getting comfort and encouragement from your family. I can only imagine how important it is to you and your family to know the love that is radiating from the states. I think that is one of the most important things for missionaries- to have that strong family support. Praying for you and missing you!

    ps- if I could ship that playground to you I would, but maybe next time you are in the states we can get together- if here- then I will gladly take you guys there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete