Saturday, February 10, 2007

It's the thought... right?

Have you ever had one of those ideas, a vision of what something would look like as a finished product and somehow it just didn't pan out?

Well, a few months ago when i posted about needing children's medicines I had no idea that so many friends and loved ones would come to our rescue! I think I could open up a small pharmacy if I needed to :) and that is a wonderful feeling as a mommy to know that we have what we need to take care of Nathan!

So I started brain storming in my mind of a way to post to our blog thanking everyone who sent packages... and I thought... I'll post a big smily picture of Nathan saying, "this is the face of a child who knows there is plenty of Tylenol in the closet for owies, booboos, and new teeth coming in!" I thought it would be fun. I thought it would be a good way to say thank you... I thought it would be easy. But what I didn't remember is our kiddos did not sign the cooperation clause upon birth, there is nothing in Nathan's contract as my son that says, when mommy has a vision I will do what I can to make it happen! :) So last week when I sat down to capture the perfect smily picture of my precious son... this is what happened.





Okay, so there is one picture that has a slight resemblance of a smile. And you now can be assured that my son has all 10 fingers and a mouth full of teeth. But alas, no smily picture that I was hoping for.


So it appears my words will have to suffice... I want to say a HUGE thank you to all who have sent packages to us! You filled them not only with medicine with Nathan, but goodies for mommy and daddy too, taco soup seasoning (and yum it was good!), chapstick (always a winner), eye drops, TUMS (huge winner :), candy, magazines to read (I had no idea that Guideposts was a good read... but it really is!), lotions, tea bags and so much more. There were toys for Nathan (which by the way we're having a hard time sharing... which means he LOVES them!) and gummy fruit flavored snacks that Nathan is putting his "please" and "more" signing to VERY good use to request (which by the way are a great great great padding to packages that have a few empty spaces to fill!).


We have felt so loved and cared for over the past few months with every trip to the post office. We have received packages from old friends, new friends (who knew there are actually people out there reading this thing :) and old friends that we haven't had a chance to talk to in years. Please know that this is our way of saying thank you with all our hearts, not only for the goodies, but for showing us how much we are cared about and prayed over by you and your families! God bless you all!

3 comments:

  1. Those are a riot! I love that he seems to be playing with you. I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:47 PM

    (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pictures!! Aaron's mom was in town for 10 days, so I'm just now gettting a little caught up while I have "sick" kids laying on the couch watching a movie. I see my friend Dyane found your blog! How cool is the internet and blogging!!
    Big kisses and hugs to that sweet little one...he's getting so big!
    Much love!!

    ReplyDelete