Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mother letter...

I recently stumbled across www.motherletter.blogspot.com (I'm not cool enough to know how to link it better than that :) and was intrigued with the commitment this family has to returning to what Christmas is really all about... I wrote a letter for this husband and invite any Mommies out there reading to do the same... It's a wonderful experience being able to write to a fellow mommy, and reminds you in so many ways the gift that we've been given to mother our little treasures... Here's a taste of the close of my letter...

There is a Godly reason that I was given these two particular boys to raise and love. They have made me a mommy, and in that, a different person in many ways. They have taught me the joys of the little things, the excitement in life itself, the gift of laughter so deep that it makes your tummy hurt, tickle wars so fierce you wonder when you’ll catch your breath, playing chase from one end of the house to the other, the fun in discovering toe jam and belly buttons, and dancing together until we're so dizzy we can't stand up. They have taught me that I am capable of things I never imagined. They have shown me in new ways my strengths and weaknesses as a woman, mommy, wife, and daughter of the King. I will forever be grateful for all that they've taught me about myself and about this life. And as my father always told us, I will love them more than my next breath

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, again. You are the best.

    I invite everyone out there to participate. There is even a section to discuss what YOU want to do to "create Christmas". That way, if you are not a mommy, you can still get in on the act.

    Feel free to plug the site on your blog. It would be a huge help. I'll even link your blog if you make a plug like the Bull did.

    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:57 AM

    You are SO cool Laura. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a neat idea! your letter was beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:42 PM

    "...I will love them more than my next breath."

    Wow - that absolutely took my breath away. Glad I dropped over after seeing your gold star at Angie's!

    ReplyDelete