Monday, November 17, 2008

Gotta love these boys :)

Don't you love those moments where your kids say something and for lack of perfectly mastering the English language at three years old :) it just makes you laugh? In our apartment, wooden floors and a hallway the length of the apartment make sliding in sock feet super-duper fun. So the other day I heard a serious bust from the kitchen... I walked into the hallway to watch Nathan stand up, brush himself off, and say... "Nathan's so slippery". Not... the floor's so slippery. Not... my socks are so slippery. No... Nathan's so slippery :) I love the way his little brain works. And although he's pushing his limits to the max right now, he's become more affectionate and sweet than ever and for that I'm so thankful! The hugs, kisses, and I love you's keep me going through the whining and time-outs.

Grant is growing and changing so fast. It seems to be going so much faster with him than it did with Nathan. Granted, we were up to our ears in culture shock with Nathan and so every day seemed like a year, but with Grant it seems to be flying by. He's crawling around and getting into everything which makes me realize even better the differences between a three year old and an almost nine month old. The other day while in his walker he decided it would be a great idea to pull the banana basket into the walker with him and see what the peel of a banana tastes like... not sure he's a fan :) And for your viewing enjoyment... some still shots of him crawling toward me in the kitchen... So that's our Nathan/Grant update for the week... thanks for tuning and I promise to write something of more substance the next time I'm here :)

I'm thinking the stuff inside the peeling has to taste better than this :)
And just in case you were worried that Grant wasn't getting enough to eat :)

Look at that sweet face :)
Here he comes!

You like that tongue action?

Just so you know... this is not as easy as it looks :)

Seriously Mom... too close with the flash!

I'm wondering... since I made it all the way over here...

why exactly are you not picking me up and holding me yet?

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:14 PM

    Oh, so sweet!! That picture with Grant's eyes closed really looks like Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those big blue eyes for real?? I love them! Now we need some action shots of Nathan sliding across the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:14 PM

    SO much cuteness! I love that last picture of Grant.

    Oh, I am glad that you are going to do Tuesday Tips, too. I will put a link on my site to yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blue eyes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at those blue, blue eyes! What a cutie! I love the "slippery" comment--kids have such a unique way of perceiving things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, isn't technology amazing? You have been on my mind the past few weeks and I had to find you...well here you are. What a wonderful life it looks like you have. What beautiful children and doing mission work. I am so happy for you. It has been forever since we talked.

    E-mail me and lets catch up. So much change since Ross Road for both of us. I can't wait to hear.

    AaronCampbell@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are some sweet pictures! his eyes look so blue. and i think he is looking more like the tater! love y'all!

    ReplyDelete