Friday, March 28, 2008

Nena and Papa!!!

Well, a week or so after Grant was born we were so blessed to have my parents come and visit. It was a shock to everyone here that we asked them to wait to come until after the birth but in the long run it worked out perfectly. I didn't want to waste time with them just sitting around waiting for Grant to be born, or waste time being in the clinic after the birth. With them coming after Grant's birth we were able to be here in our apartment with them for the full week they were here, and it gave us the chance as a family to get in a groove (just the four of us) before having grandparent help :) Nathan loved having his Nena and Papa here to play, read books, build block towers, and blow bubbles and we were so grateful for the help! Thank you for making the sacrifice to come and see us Nena and Papa! We miss you already but look forward to the next time you're here with us!
Blowing bubbles with Nena!

Nena and Papa went to pick up Nathan from daycare one day and he came a runnin' when he saw his two favorite people :)

Nathan helping me blow out my birthday candles on Papa's famous brownies :) he has so much fun blowing out candles these days :)

One of Nena's many great pictures of Grant... what a sweet boy!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:47 PM

    Happy 30th Birthday. You look great and the boys are so cute. I am glad your parents got to come down after the birth. Its nice to have all the extra help.
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:12 PM

    Well ... we loved being there. I'm still going through "Hide and Seek" withdrawals and getting to play with my little buddy. And I'm pretty sure Nena is having similar symptoms re: bubble blowing.

    :-)

    Love,

    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so glad your parents got to come! I love the pictures. Those grandparent pics are great, aren't they...I love the ones I have! :)

    ReplyDelete