Saturday, March 22, 2008

Cause for celebration...

I know that with a title like that you're expecting to read that Grant's sleeping through the night (don't we all wish...) or that Nathan is fully potty trained (in my dreams :) but the cause for celebration in this mommy's life is a little more self-centered this time.

I think all women who have had the joy of being pregnant (I say that with a slight sarcasm) know what it's like those first few weeks after baby is born. Do you live in your lounge pants, succumb to the maternity pants that still fit, or mourn the non-prego clothes that lie tucked away in a box just waiting for the day they can return? I have to say that this past week I had the extreme privilege and joy of returning to my favorite pair of non-maternity jeans! I think it may have actually been one month to the day of Grant's arrival and a much faster return than after Nathan was born. They're the pair that we all have, worn in just right the right places, the perfect wash, the perfect length, and go with just about everything! They were found in a trunk with all my others just waiting to return to the land of the closet and they were embraced, enjoyed, and put on without so much as a coat hanger to zip them up. So from one mommy to another (and for those of you who maybe can't empathize, but can still celebrate with me) let's... celebrate good times, come on!

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is definitely cause for celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just make sure you don't have three kids. Five months later, I'm finally ready to move down a size but not any where near normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo! I remember having a day you're talking about. I wish that day would come back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I'm THRILLED for you, and wow! That was quick. I love you, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still waiting for those jeans. And that pre-preg size. :) Something about toddlers makes me want to eat more than pregnancy did. You just wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippe!! I remember exactly what you are talking about...isn't is GREAT??

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEAH Laura!!! I know exactly how you feel!! Definitely celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen, sister! I'm rejoicing in returning to my clothes as well. But let me just say that you look AMAZING for 4 weeks postpartum. Don't know how you did it!
    Love ya!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:24 AM

    You are 30 and thin! Enjoy it! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Laura that is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hip Hip Horray!! (pun intended) You go girl!! Celebrate. You look mahhhvalous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's no better feeling! Congrats on a quick belly shrink:)

    ReplyDelete