Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Miracles do happen :)

I lived a miracle yesterday! After surviving the Bolivian bureaucracy of the phone and internet company... waiting two weeks after putting in our order because there was no phone line coming to our apartment, or there were no open slots for our internet... yesterday we had a phone line AND our internet installed and fully functioning by days end. I sat in our living room last night, on my own couch, checking my email (thanks to my wonderful husband who set up our wireless network) and marveled at how blessed I am. Granted we had to wait, and deal with some unruly employees in the process of "getting things done" but in the end, I live in a place that allows me to make phone calls whenever I need and check my email from the comfort of my own home. So yes... a miracle occurred in Cochabamba and I am living proof :)

On a more serious (and spiritual) note... over the past few months we've been able to watch three miracles occurring in the lives' of brothers and sisters here in Cochabamba. Miguel, Gabriela, and Sonia all put on Christ in baptism and we were there to see the miracle of rebirth that our Father gives in salvation! I continue to be amazed at how privileged we are to be here... to grow to know and love new brothers and sisters in Christ and watch them begin their walks of faith and become part of the body. Please pray for our new brother and sisters, that God will strengthen them and give them wisdom as they continue to grow in their faith. Please pray for us as their family here, that we will support them and encourage them in their new relationships with the Lord.
(Nathan... testing out the waters)

Gabriela, Miguel, and Sonia on the days of their baptisms!!!

6 comments:

  1. What wonderful news for the church family!!! God's blessings are wonderful and so is the work that ya'll are doing there....
    So glad that you have internet now...When we lived in Alaska, I was lost whenever the internet went out because I felt like I couldn't communicate with all our friends and family...now you are "hooked Up!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all great miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:43 AM

    That is a great post and great news on the great work in Cochabamba.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back! You realize, of course, that you're obligated to give us a month's worth of blog updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:20 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, crazy comment of the day.

    Where did you get that portable baptistry? I've got to order one of those.

    We're currently using the ocean... which is actually rather difficult because of the Samoans fear of the water.

    We even had one baptism in about ankle-deep lagoon water. Anyhow, if you know of a Samoan sized portable baptistry, let me know.

    ReplyDelete