Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hasta Luego


Well... it comes to this... it's not good-bye, it's just see you later :) Our trip home has been amazing! And while I will go through withdrawl all over again for Wal-Mart, McDonald's french fries, Taco Bell, Blue Bell, and Sonic slushes... the hardest part by far is saying good-bye to those that we love. From our friends in North Little Rock, to our Silver City family, from visiting Searcy, to our time with Gary's family in Perryville, from our trip to Lake City to see my extended family, to Jacksonville with my mom's folks, from my best friend Jennifer flying down to make a crazy road trip with me, to our time with our Austin Avenue and Westside families, and ending with my Mom, Dad, and sister Emily, our time here was full of beautiful memories, beautiful people and the beautiful spirit of my God. Coming home is so worth it, and yet the part of me that hates to hurt thinks... is it really worth it? To come home and attach yourself here again... only to have to say good-bye? And then I see the picture above... and I know that it is. It was worth it for this mommy to come home in so many ways... but the thing most beautiful to me... was watching my son love and be loved by those that I treasure most in this world! So to all those who our paths were able to cross in our time here... know that you have blessed our lives again, in such tremendous ways, know that it will be those times that we will remember (above and beyond the crazy fast food and slushes along the way :) and treasure for the year to come. And Lord willing, we will make our way back here, next year with a crazy two year old :) God bless you all and know that I praise my God daily for you each and the support and encouragement that you provide to Gary, Nathan and I!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, was it ever a blessing to see you and Nathan! And watch our two little ones play together...sort of. I have prayed so much for you during your time here, and will pray for you as you return. I love you, Laura! Find me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,

    You and Nathan's visit was a blessing to us (sorry Gary couldn't have been in our home as well). We feel your pain and we understand! Follow the Lord and lean on Him for your strength. He is faithful and he will not lead you astray. He did not call you to this ministry, only to leave you unequiped to carry it out! Blessings to you all!
    ----Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you and am so glad that you and Nathan got to come! Miss you--

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:30 PM

    That is SUCH a good picture.. I so enjoyed my time with you both and with the fam. Our crazy road trip was the highlight of my fall! I love and miss you much and am praying for you both as you travel tonight. Big hugs, Jen

    ReplyDelete