Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Birthday Boy!

Have I mentioned that I am the proud mother of a one year old? I am :) I now understand what mothers mean when they say the love each of their children equally, just differently. Grant has touched a part of my heart that I think was before uninhabited and by being his mommy it has flourished and bloomed. He is a joy and I cannot wait to watch him grow into the toddler, little boy, teenager, and man he will be one day. Rather than go on and on about all the things he can do I thought I'd leave you with a few pictures of our sweet hair-challenged youngest and his birthday party :)
Each Mommy made two cakes for her birthday boy/girl.
The birthday boy in all his chunky glory :)
Nathan and his favorite part of the party... bottle coke :)
We decided it would be a great memory to have friends write wishes and messages of hope to our babies so that they would always have something special from the place and the people from where they were born. I know we will treasure it always!
Playing pass the present... Josh and Julie did a great job with the games!
Musical chairs... easily translated :)
My sweet friend Angie and her kids came to celebrate with us!
Jeff praying a birthday blessing over our kiddos.
Everyone watching a great slide show video that Gary put together.
Jenny and Sonia (my two right hand women... what blessings they are to me and to my sons!)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:03 PM

    Such a wonderful, wonderful party for those precious one-year-olds -- and one in particular! Great, great memories. Did you play drop the clothespin in the jar? A classic birthday game, right? Or just a classic in our family. Love you all. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:58 AM

    Hola Sonia!

    ReplyDelete