Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fun was had by ALL!

Here in Cochabamba one of the things I miss most from our lives' in the states is the opportunity for interesting and fun activities for our kids. There's no children's museum, no children's theater, and though there is a zoo in Santa Cruz it's basically birds and crazy monkeys. So when fun things come to town we try to take advantage. This Monday I ran across two of our good American friends the Holmans. They told that the Backyardigans were coming to the coliseum here in town. This Thursday in fact. I called Gary and asked if he thought it would be a good idea and after a thumbs-up from daddy, it was a go. So today found us here...


and here...Nathan's faces ranged from... shocked...
to guilty (for mooching potato chips from a sweet lady behind us)...

to irritated... seriously stop with the pictures you guys... I'm trying to enjoy the show :)



to absolute glee...

I had more fun just watching the sheer joy on my precious little one's face as he yelled out for Tasha, Tyrone, Pablo, and the rest of his Backyardigan friends! It was worth the mounds of detergent (you had to buy two bags of detergent per ticket) and extra fees to watch him excited beyond words! Thank you Grannie Wallace and Grannie Sterne for the Christmas money that allowed us to all go! Nathan loved it and we really appreciate you both! Thanks Holmans for the heads up, ride to the show, and for bringing Nathan four of the sweetest dates he'll ever have :)
And just because I'm curious... could someone tell me why my child always seems to look so goofy in family photo shoots? We're seriously going to have to work on this :)

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:14 AM

    Looks like such fun! Know the Grannies will be so glad they financed a fun family time. Hooray! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:56 PM

    Great photos ... looks like the Moms and Dads had as much fun as the kids!

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, how fun! looks like y'all had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so much fun. I'm glad that you found out about it in time to go! What a good opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know,I know (the reason he can't ever make a "normal" face for family photos)- it's because he's just like his auntie em!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:12 AM

    I feel you on the lack of kids activities. One thing I would love to see is a high quality library. Whenever we are in the States with the kids they have so much fun when we take them to the library.

    The pictures are great. I am glad you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good time. Wish we could've gone too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, a dream come true for a little one Nathan's age. 4 pretty little dates and the Backyardigans! I love it, how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so awesome! The detergent thing is too funny. I know Nathan must have had a blast.

    ReplyDelete