Monday, January 22, 2007

Tagged...

Well I've officially, for the first time... been tagged by my friend Marie and though I'm a little late in responding (welcome to my world :) here goes nothing...

1. I’ve come to realize that my ex-(boyfriend) ---deserves to be happy too.
2. I am listening to --- Nathan taking a nap on the monitor and third world cars that you can hear coming for miles :)
3. I talk --- alot more when I'm in small groups (it's the introvert in me :)
4. I love --- guardedly.
5. My best friends --- are too far away.
6. I lost --- my cell phone charger... it's gone MIA.
7. I hate it when people --- take advantage of others... we see that alot more here than at home it seems.
8. Love is --- at times a little painfully vulnerable.
9. Marriage is --- hard work and a constant melding of two sets of dreams.
10. Somewhere, someone is thinking --- man I miss my little man (my dad... Nathan's papa).
11. I’ll always be --- impatient with Latin America systems of getting things done... although hopefully over time I'll learn to tolerate it a little better.
12. I have a crush on --- my husband... but if we're talking movie stars... the new Bond sure is handsome.
13. The last time I cried was because --- I was stressed about the riots here and us not being able to get food.
14. My cell phone --- is dead (remember the MIA charger :)
15. When I wake up in the morning --- I'm so not ready to get out of bed, which is the blessing of Gary committing to get out of bed in the morning with Nathan.
16. Before I go to sleep at night --- I check my email, check blogs, kiss Gary and snooze away.
17. Right now I am thinking about --- all that I need to get done today as I sit here blogging :)
18. Babies are --- something that I'm not super crazy about, but endure knowing that they'll turn into precious children. (we're being honest right?)
19. I get on MySpace --- never.
20. Today I --- will bake cookies to try to make amends with the post office workers I was impatient with on Friday, I will attempt to maneuver the customs system here to retrieve a package that came in the mail, bake a cake for team lunch tomorrow, do lots of laundry and hopefully be able to enjoy some playtime with Nathan. (aren't you all jealous?)
21. Tonight I will --- maybe watch a movie with Gary, feed Nathan (man I wish this kid tolerated having his hands messy, but until he learns to use a spoon... I'm it), wash dishes, and hopefully beat my husband at Skip Bo.
22. Tomorrow I will --- spend some time out at the Marcum's for our team devo/lunch and informal marriage seminar that Julie's parents are doing for us... and hopefully finish all the things I didn't get done today.
23. I really want --- a Wal-Mart/Target/or Sam's next door (hey a girl can dream right?)

So there you go... the inner workings of Laura Bull :)

5 comments:

  1. this is hilarious! thanks, Laura for being so honest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, you make me laugh. I miss you tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3. I talk --- alot more when I'm in small groups (it's the introvert in me)

    Kelly is the exact same way . . .

    Aren't you supposed to tag someone?

    W

    ReplyDelete
  4. laura, please tell julie's parents hello for us and thank diane for the encouragement she has been to brett's mom, joy.
    --april

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Babies are --- something that I'm not super crazy about, but endure knowing that they'll turn into precious children. (we're being honest right?)"

    Wow-- I couldn't agree more! When someone brings a new little baby to church, folks turn to me and ask, "Does this make you want to have another?" And I want to honestly say, "Heck no! It makes me want to find a paperbag as I hyperventilate from my memories of Ellie as a baby."

    I also wasn't a big fan of pregnancy. Let me skip pregnancy and the first year of babydom, and I can take it from there.

    ReplyDelete