Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sunday morning comics... oh how we miss you :)



In the Wallace family, there has been the long standing tradition of thoroughly enjoying the Sunday morning comics. When Gary and I lived in Brownwood and weren't taking the Sunday paper, my mom would save every weeks' comics and have them ready for us when we came to visit... or tuck them in her famous care packages. Even to this day when a package arrives from Nana... it's sure to have a weeks worth of comics in it! Which we love! We each have our favorites from Rose is Rose, to Baby Blues (which I appreciate even more these days :) but I will always remember my mom's love of Family Circus and Peanuts. So when I was picking up last minute bargains for Nathan before we left the states and saw this Snoopy t-shirt, it was a must have :) Nathan's now big enough to wear his t-shirt proudly for his Nana and we wanted to send these pictures out just for her! So Nana, know that we love you, miss you so, and appreciate all that you guys do for us!

2 comments:

  1. You guys should read Get Fuzzy. That's my personal favorite comic.
    I love read the comichs in the newspaper too. God bless y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had fun poking around on your blog, Laura! I'm Kendra Vaughn, Kelly and Randy's sister-in-law. I don't know you very well, but I sure do love your sweet sister and your parents. In fact, I sat right in front of them on Wednesday night (Dad and Emily) and loved getting to hug their necks! I read your list of "7" on your Mom's birthday as well. She is a very special lady, and you challenged me to be a better mom to my 3 when I read your list! God bless you guys there in Bolivia - thank you for answering the call to go!

    ReplyDelete