Thursday, May 25, 2006

Will I ever be able to put him down again?


Okay, so for all you first time, and second and third time moms, you will understand my pain. We have officially hit separation anxiety. And can I tell you how very interesting it makes household chores like laundry, making the bed, and cooking. The other day Gary went to leave the house for a meeting and Nathan tried to follow in his walker. I had my hands full cooking in the kitchen and so I couldn't pick him up immediately, so he proceed to yell at the door for a solid 5 minutes, like "Daddy, what were you thinking, I'm still here." It is amazing how they attach themselves to us as parents. So precious and exhausting all at the same time. My one prayer is that he attaches himself to our God in the same way. That when he grows up he will be unable to imagine life without the presence of our Lord every step of the way. Oh the prayers of a mommy.

1 comment:

  1. laura, i feel your pain...we are going through that as well! -april

    ReplyDelete