Friday, May 16, 2008

They really are listening...

Well everyone always says that our kiddos are listening to us... right? Last night we found out just how closely Nathan is listening to his mommy. Apparently I say "naked butt" to my two boys when I'm changing diapers, getting them ready for their baths, or letting Nathan run around the house in his "naked butt". Who knew that last night as I got Grant ready for his bath, taking off his sleeper and diaper, that his brother would come charging into the room and announce to all of Cochabamba within a 5 mile radius "NAKED BUTT!" It was all Gary and I could do to keep a straight face :) because while it's not necessarily a bad word, I'm not sure I want my two year old running around saying "naked butt" to any and everyone that he comes across... even if they may not understand him (the beauty of living among Spanish speakers)... I will... and I will always be reminded that little ears and little minds absorb much more than I thought they ever would :)

3 comments:

  1. that's funny!

    I say "score" all the time and I heard nephew Eli say it the other day just like me...they really do listen, they are like human parrots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! So funny.

    Reminds me of the time that when my daughter was 5 she was getting out of the taxi and started to sing "I like to move it, move it..." song in perfect Spanish. Well, if you know the song you know that one of the word is indeed a not nice word to say. :-) The taxi driver bust out laughing. Kids! :-)

    I'll be talking to you soon, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter has made it glaringly obvious how much I talk "Valley Girl" since she has been using "like" and "whatever" a lot lately. I tell you it is not a pretty sight when your 3 year old says "Whatever, Mom." Needless to say, I am trying to maintain a more consistent proper English in hopes of that habit disappearing!

    ReplyDelete