Monday, July 23, 2007

Nummm Nummm

So as I think I've previously stated... my little man apparently has a new found addiction to Starburst (which makes his Papa proud :) But I found the depth to which the addiction had manifested itself today. Nathan had been approaching the wall of sleepiness before nap time and I was getting ready to put him down after getting lunch started when from in the office I heard... Nummmm Nummmm Nummmm Nummmm... and because it wasn't a "word" I was familiar with it took a little while to register in my mommy ears that Nathan apparently was trying to communicate something to me. Well as the Nummmms got louder and louder I made my way into the kitchen to find Nathan standing under the cabinet (which I had absent mindedly left open) staring longingly up at the Starburst bag signing "please" like a mad man and repeating Nummmm Nummmm Nummmm over and over and over. Well after I regained composure I decided one wouldn't do irreversible damage to my toddler and we partook in a pre-nap treat. But oh the desire... the longing... I believe this kid is definitely his mommy's son :)

6 comments:

  1. he has your sweet tooth for sure! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the funniest picture! Do you remember the days when we would stay up studying all night with our sugar candies? Who needs coffee????

    Love you much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laura,

    Ha! I loved Starbursts as a kid! I would stack 3 flavors together and eat them at one time. I would always get caughtfor stealing a few pieces when I wasn't supposed to because I wasn't very good at hiding the wrappers!

    By the way, I went to RHCC this past Sunday and saw your dad. I almost said something to him but I was afraid he'd remember that time he caught me and Mark M. TP'ing your house . . . so I just gave him a head nod instead!

    Take care!

    W

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:30 PM

    That boy has a way of finding those candy stashes, doesn't he? Gotta love him. Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do the same thing when I see donuts at work!

    Pavlov's dog pretty much nailed it for all of us.

    ReplyDelete