Friday, March 10, 2006

Laura's Birthday

This tuesday marked 28 years for me. I have to admit I was not really looking forward to my first birthday in Cochabamba as I have gotten used to being able to spend
time with my mom, dad, and Emily around my birthday. But my husband and teammates made the day so very special for me. Last weekend Gary made reservations at a cabin outside of town and we were able to take Nathan and get away for the evening. The cabins and grounds were beautiful and such a treat. Then on tuesday after classes we came home to an apartment full of teammates waiting to celebrate with us. And celebrate we did, over cake, pizza and Nertz (which the men graciously played as it was my birthday and i got to choose). Julie had even taken the time to clean our apartment for me as part of my birthday gift. Now that's a birthday gift! So all in all, I am blessed, with a God who gave me life and wonderful people with which to celebrate. Along with the awesome care packages my parents have been sending, what more could a girl ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment