Monday, February 6, 2006

February 2006

There is a beautiful difference between English and Spanish that I was reminded of today. In the English language as we describe who we are (our characteristics), we might say "I am a woman", "I am a wife", "I am a mother", "I am a Christian." But in the Spanish language it is stated "Soy madre," translated "I am mother." What an amazing difference it makes to me to remove the tiny letter/article "a." No longer is it seen as a title, but as the fiber of who I am. I am woman, I am mother, I am wife, and most importantly I am Christian. It is a beatiful reminder to me that the gift of these roles in my life from my God are who He intends for me to be. May I always live a life that reflects who I am , in the core of my being. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment