Monday, August 24, 2009

Too much mommy...

A friend was reminding me today of what an adventure it is having extra inches added to your physical body's dimensions while you're pregnant... it can lead to many interesting situations :) I don't remember having that many run-ins with Nathan while pregnant with Grant. He was pretty good about not following mommy too closely. Grant on the other hand is constantly invading my personal hoola hoop space and has had quite a few collisions with me and the baby lately. If he's not getting kicked by the baby while sitting in my lap, he's head butting my belly as he runs by me in route to chase after his big brother... but the one that makes me laugh the most has been the backside-to-head collisions that we have now on a daily basis.

I tend to go around the house picking up throughout the day and Grant has yet to learn that if you follow too closely behind mommy it might cause a problem :) Apparently I need one of those signs like trucks have that recommend you to follow within a certain distance, leave space for wide turns, or warn you of frequent stops that this vehicle will be making :) So many times I stop in my tracks and bend over to pick up a toy, food, blankie, you name it and all of a sudden there is a head bump from behind... I turn to find my sweet baby looking at me as if to say, Mom, seriously, I did not need to get that up close and personal with you today :) Let's just hope the poor child can learn his lesson or the next two months could prove dangerous for him :) At least he takes after his mommy and has a hard head... it may be his only saving grace!

2 comments:

  1. i was laughing from the moment i read the first line of this post....corban is a mommy's-kid too. it's definitely to his advantage (not to mention everyone else's) that i'm not pregnant right now or we might have more issues than we already do. ;) i also laughed at the comment you left on our blog about the karate musical instrument....so true! --a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:32 PM

    You are so funny! I love your posts about life in Bolivia, or just about life in general. You're a hoot!

    ReplyDelete