Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bolivian Bargain...

Plane ticket from DFW to Cochabamba.... roughly $1200

Lodging... free if you're okay with a baby and a almost three year old around all the time :)

Food... insanely inexpensive, but at times risky :( just don't eat off the crazy lady's cart on the corner please!

The doctor's visit you might have to make to address your new "wormy" friend that's hanging out in your tummy... $15 (and that's out of pocket cost folks!)

The antibiotics you might have to take for the amoeba you contracted who knows how?... $25 (yes... again, out of pocket cost!)

The fastest and surest way to drop weight fast... PRICELESS - trust this mommy, I now know from firsthand experience! :(

7 comments:

  1. Oh, get well soon girl! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the amoeba thing recently too...in fact, mine was a welcome back to Africa gift just after furlough. Nice.
    --April

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I can't really afford the plane ticket. Can you just send up the amoeba in a jar for me to do the weight loss thing? :) . . How you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh girl!! Hope that you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds plain scary. I'm going to have to Google amoeba. We don't have that in Siloam Springs, AR. Do we?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I do not recommend ever reading about amoeba infections on the internet. Good grief! Laura I'm glad you're "okay"! Ew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:50 PM

    Great to talk with you yesterday and to hear that you're feeling better.


    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete